Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Week 7: Learning 2.0 Sandbox

Well, I did my duty and added my blog’s link to the Maryland Libraries Sandbox. I didn’t add anything to the sandbox itself, but I had fun reading what other people posted. Since we are in this thing together, I was interested to see what other participant had to say. Outside of the program, unless I have a connection with the individual or group, I wouldn’t spend time reading other people’s wikis.

The fact that anyone can edit the web page in a wiki bothers me. Just like Wikipedia. I don’t know who wrote these articles. Anytime a student comes into the library quoting an article from Wikipedia, it bothers me. I need cold hard facts backed up by documentation…not Joe Blow’s personal take on the Civil War. Basically, I like wikis for entertainment but for everything else I am a little skeptical.

No comments: