Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Week 9: Podcast Directories

I checked out three of the podcast directories and I think I liked Podcast.net and Yahoo Podcasts the best. Podcastalley seemed to be geared more toward amateur podcasters. I’ve got my own life over here, why do I need to watch someone else’s. I was more interested in the sites that broadcasted general information and topics of interest. Yahoo and Podcast had good interfaces that helped break down the sites into easy to search categories. I’m going out of town for a long weekend next month and I was able to find a podcast over my destination.

I did find several library related podcasts that I would like to explore further. It seems that libraries are starting to podcast their programs. Author talk, book discussions, and lecture series are all candidates for podcasting.

No comments: